On Apr 12, 2:15 pm, Jonathan Lundell <jlund...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:52 AM, DenesL wrote:
>
> > In 1.76.3, and probably others, model files can not end with a comment
> > line:
>
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "D:\web2py\hg\gluon\restricted.py", line 171, in restricted
> >    ccode = compile(code.replace('\r\n', '\n'), layer, 'exec')
> >  File "D:/web2py/hg/applications/mssqltest/models/db.py", line 111
> >    #
> >    ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> > Adding an empty line fixes the problem but figuring that out is a
> > waste of time.
>
> FWIW, compile() requires at least one terminal newline. Perhaps it'd be
> reasonable to append one (along the the \r\n conversion).

hmmm..... I am not able to reproce this;  I even ensured that the
model file I tested with actually had NO newline after the comment:

$ od -c mymodel.py
0001640   t   i   o   n       t   o   o   l   "  \n   #
0001654

Mine runs fine.

I wonder if this is a platform, or python version specific thing...

Can you provide more details?