I'm trying to figure out how to get links created in web2py that point to an
anchor name here is the code I'm using:

            {{=DIV(SPAN(gripe.created_on, _class='gripe-date'),
                    A(SPAN(SPAN('Comments:'),
                            SPAN(gripe.comments, _class='comment-number'),
                            _class='comment-count'),
                            _href=URL(r=request, f='gripe',
                                                args=[gripe.id,
XML('#comments')] )),
                    _class='gripe-footer')}}

from this I was hoping to get a link like:
http://localhost:8081/init/default/gripe/9/#comments

but instead I got :
http://localhost:8081/init/default/gripe/9/%23comments

I should mention that this is on GAE SDK and I have not tried it standalone
(yet).

Any help would be appreciated