Appending '_id' to references helps to keep names different so clashes
like the one above don't happen, while at the same time they make the
program more readable for the developer, specially at a later time.

But conventions are a matter of personal preference so you can follow
whichever one you prefer.
Personally I like shorter names so I would have used something like
co_id and app_id, or even coid and appid, which are easier to type.

>From my experience:
- try to keep all names unique
- in particular never have fields names equal to table names
- don't be too cryptic with the name, you will regret it later

web2py eases the creation of web apps but there still a lot of things
to remember and learn.
A checklist or tip list would be helpful.
What do others use? please share your tips and tricks.

Denes.