I happened to be the creator of that code snippet. :-) Glad to know
that it helps you.

But I would recommend you use a later version, quoted already in
Omicron's post. It uses RotatingFileHandler to avoid unstoppable log
file size, and it serves the log by http://yourhost/yourapp/static/applog.txt.

And the only downside (of both version) is that it does not work on
GAE (yet?). A simple workaround might be turn it off when "if
running_on_gae==True".

Besides, I once suggested Massimo to include it inside the scaffolding
app, but no agreement is reached.

Regards,
iceberg