On May 5, 2010, at 9:13 AM, Thadeus Burgess wrote:

> It supports nosetests which includes a coverage plugin. I will look
> into adding the option stand-alone so you do not need nosetests.

Nosetests works for me just fine; in fact it's preferable.

> The problem is that there is no way to determine how much "coverage"
> you have in a web2py app. It will include the coverage of "gluon + all
> apps", which is not what you want I don't think. I have attempted and
> do not see any way around this, it is a limitation in web2py that will
> now allow for proper coverage testing.

In my current unit test, which calls coverage directly, I generate the report
like this:

cov.report(file=open('coverage.report','w'),
omit_prefixes=list(('gluon','/path/to/tests')))

That is, I exclude gluon and the unit test directory from the report, which
seems to do the trick just fine. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing via
the nose plugin, but I haven't tried.