On May 5, 2:46 pm, ScOut3R <mailingl...@modernbiztonsag.org> wrote:
> On May 5, 6:02 am, Yarko Tymciurak <resultsinsoftw...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On May 4, 4:19 pm, ScOut3R <mailingl...@modernbiztonsag.org> wrote:
>
> > > Here it goes. First of all, I'm not a developer by profession, not
> > > even a web developer. You'll notice it on the design. By the way, I
> > > like the default style mdipierro. ;)
>
> > > The app is about storing personal dvds, music cds, books and keep
> > > track of any lent items and a wishlist. That's pretty basic, I know,
> > > but quite useful if you have many of any of them. And I haven't found
> > > any online solution covering this kind of "inventory".
>
> > Basic is good - that's how useful things are, after all!
>
> Thanks!

You're welcome :-)

... I'd go further, and say that all design is about keeping simple
things simple (_not_ making things hard), and working hard to make
difficult things simpler (through whatever strategies) .... so
"simple" is success! :-)

> > > The code is also quite newbie because I'm new to Python and web2py. If
> > > I have time then I'll improve the code and the functionality too. The
> > > latter is based upon popularity. ;)
>
> > At quick glance, it looks like you've done a nice job!
>
> Thanks again!

... I should have said a little more:  I found your code clear, and
readable - a _very_ nice job! ;-)

> > > The source code is available through cvsweb, though I can set up a
> > > public cvs access too. I've also hosted the app for the public, so You
> > > can try it out without installing anything. You can find the rest on
> > > this site:http://devel.modernbiztonsag.org/wiki/storpy
>
> > > Any advice and comment is appreciated.
>
> > You could look at how the picture gallery example, or even the Free
> > Applicances application itself downloads ... web2py applicaitons, and
> > add that to either your site, or main page ;-)
>
> > Hope you continue to have lots more fun!
>
> Sure, my next idea is a simple ticketing system. If it will be useful
> then I'll publish it too here.

Go for it!   There are a lot of them out there, and some get too far
away from the basics  - maybe you can help bring things back to a
center of basics :-)