I was using an iframe to show the details of a selected row from
jqgrid. Which worked. However I realized that it is a pain to get
iframe to recognize parent size so resizing produces an awkward
looking form. I came across web2py LOAD helper and thought it to be a
good fix to my frame resizing issue.

I'm trying to change a LOAD(form) based on the row_id from a selected
row in jqgrid. Using the jqgrid event onSelectRow I'm trying to
trigger web2py_component to reload the form.

I came up with a test link to update the form, which worked.

onclick="web2py_component('{{=URL(...)}}','my_form');">Load Page 3</a>
   {{=LOAD('default','a_form/1',ajax=True,target='my_form')}}

If possible I would like to get jqgrid to trigger the same
web2py_component feature.

My latest failed attempt was something like

jQuery(document.ready(function(){
    onSelectRow: function()
{ jQuery("#my_form").trigger('web2py_component',['/Test/default/
a_form/'+(postdata),'my_form']);}
;})

Is it possible to trigger web2py_component function or LOAD helper
without an action input (button or link)?

Jay