On Jun 6, 4:45 am, João Ventura <joaojonesvent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello mdipierro,
>
> i only store basic python datatypes (dictionaries, floats, strings).
> The most complex variables that i store are dictionaries inside other
> dictionaries, with a max depth of 2 (i.e., a first dictionary with
> secondary dictionaries inside it).
> It is a bit strange for, while using the same client browser on the
> same app instance (i.e., without reloading), after a while web2py
> ignores the first session file and creates a second one. In other
> words, in what situations is web2py designed to do this behavior?

No. web2py reuses the same sessions for the same client over and over,
unless it fails to retrieve a session.
Try print request.cookies. It may help figure it out.

> Also, are there any kind of methods for clearing the session files?

You can have the app itself clear them or you can use a cron script
like admin/cron/expire_sessions.py

> Because with this kind of behavior, one gets the session folder filled
> up very fast.. Is there any possibilty of session timeout and file
> deletion?

move admin/cron/expire_sessions.py into your app cron

> Ah, this has already happened before, and the only common thing that
> i've detected so far is that i use tab navigation with jquery's ajax
> function to load content to a div. Any hints?

I do not understand. Sorry.