www-data needs write access to databases/cache/sessions etc. IF a
hacker were able to gain access *somehow* and alter the databases
files, they can kill your entire system by forcing fake migrations or
other issues. Just make sure you have migrate=False and
fake_migrate=False and everything *should* be just fine.

--
Thadeus