I agree with most of these points.

http://packages.python.org/web2py_utils/test_runner.html

That is about as far as you will get with testing on web2py. You need
very hacky code just to run your tests properly. Web2py was just not
designed with testing in mind, and due to backwards compatibility
never can be.

One of the things I dislike about web2py are the conventions! I am
tired of software assuming what I want it to do (grrr microsoft
paperclip), half the time I have to hack around things the framework
"assumes" I want to get it to do what I really want.

--
Thadeus