I have a related query.

> On Jul 9, 12:35 am, David Marko <dma...@tiscali.cz> wrote:
>> You can use full DAL query in IS_IN_DB validator e.g.
>> IS_IN_DB(db(db.children.sex=='M'),'children.id','%(name)s' )

I want the result of IS_IN_DB to be part of my access control measures
and dependent on who is logged in and what is typed in another field
in the form.

Example:

X is logged in and has access to say 8 of about 50 options in the database.

In the form the first field should make only  some of the 8 options
available in the second field.

I suspect it can be done with AJAX but I have now experience in using
javascript tools.

Has anyone done that before?

Or should I have two forms where the content of the second is
determined by the submission of the first?

Regards
Johann
--
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,  whatsoever things are
honest, whatsoever things are  just, whatsoever things are pure,