This can be done. I am very much interested in having this done. My
idea is building a distributed news delivery network. Anybody can run
and advertise a news web site. Every local installation would have
local ads and the right to post news and vote for news. But news are
not stored locally (only a copy) so the news network cannot be shut
down.

Massimo