Pros:

* Disqus is really easy to use and setup and include on your site.
* Automatically emails you with comments, that you can respond to from
your email client
* You don't have to do anything but include the javascript on your
page and include a page ID.

Cons:

* Reliant on disqus, their export feature is weak and a manual
process. If they go down or decide to start charging for the service,
your SOL.
* If for some reason disqus servers go offline, like what happens with
the fail whale, then so does your sites commenting system.
* Because your comments are javascript, they are NOT included in
search results. Comments can be a decent source of SEO to the page.

--
Thadeus