I agree with your assessment. The problem you,  Iceberg, Rahul, and
MikeEllis are having with Rocket appears distinct from the problem
Thadeus is having uwsgi+cherokee.

In my previous email I tried to suggest changes in Thadeus code to
isolate the cause of his problem.

Going back to your problem. I am still suspicious that this is a cron
issue. Can you try change cron=True into cron=False in web2py.py?

Massimo