I've used the sortable plugin  (
http://www.web2py.com/plugins/default/sortable ) in some projects and
I think it is very useful to arrange list of items in database. What I
miss is the "connect list" functionality (
http://jqueryui.com/demos/sortable/#connect-lists ) of jQuery UI. What
I think can be a useful addition is the ability to have two list (or
more...) representing two (or more!) db tables and, as per example in
the second link, transfer an object from listA to listB and make the
corresponding changes in the db.

Model I think would be like this:

db.define_table('listA',
    Field('sortable','integer',default=0,writable=False,readable=False),
    Field('name'),
    Filed('color'))

db.define_table('listB',
    Field('sortable','integer',default=0,writable=False,readable=False),
    Field('name'),
    Filed('color'))

But my "skill" stop here :D If someone can take the time to elaborate
on this I would be grateful :) Maybe it is possibile to modify a
little the original plugin... I dont know.

It is not urgent, but is time to get this new toy to play around! :D