Hello everyone,

I tried to deploy web2py on my ubuntu server using
setup_web2py_ubuntu.sh. Everything seemed fine except when I switch
database from SQLite to PostgreSQL I got:

Error traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gluon/restricted.py", line 178, in restricted
    exec ccode in environment
  File "/home/www-data/web2py/applications/init/models/db.py", line
16, in <module>
    db = DAL('postgres://web2py:12...@127.0.0.1:1216/labdb',
pool_size=10)
  File "gluon/sql.py", line 3911, in DAL
    raise RuntimeError, "Failure to connect to DB. Tried 5 times"
RuntimeError: Failure to connect to DB. Tried 5 times

but if I run the web server using:

python web2.py

it works fine. I got the same issue with MySQL as well.

Could you tell me what the problem might be? Thanks!

Cheers,
Zhe