By message you mean the value shown ie. "Submit"?

That is documented in the book, and is easy to do :

form = SQLFORM(...fields and all that..., submit_button='The label/
message that you want to show there')

Book reference: http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/07?search=submit_button

Hope that clarifies and helps you with what you are trying to
accomplish.

Mathew Grabau