On Aug 11, 2010, at 6:00 AM, mdipierro wrote:

> we could specify line option to change it but why not use regular
> stdout redirection?

I suppose we could, but at least when we start via web2py.py, it's good to see
the startup messages directed to stdout before web2py daemonizes.

The nice thing about having a standard logging configuration file is that it
gives the user a lot more control over things. For example, if I understand the
logging module correctly, it could be used to send logging to syslog.

A question, though: web2py can run in various deployment modes. I'm wondering
if there's a central place to configure logging, common to all modes?

rocket does installs logging.NullHandler, for example. I'm unclear on the
implications of that for web2py applications.