On Aug 12, 2010, at 5:13 PM, mdipierro wrote:

> I looked at the Rocket web server:
>
> 1) it always responds with HTTP/1.1 even if client is HTTP/1.0. I am
> not sure this is allowed. I think not. A response must follow a
> protocol that is same or lower then requested protocol
> 2) it seems Rocket responds with chunked encoding in two cases: a) the
> request was chunked; b) if the wsgi app returns a list with more than
> one element (web2py can do this but normally does not do it).
>
> There is one caveat abdou 2) There is this code
>
>    def write(self, data, sections=None):
>        """ Write the data to the output socket. """
>       if not self.headers_sent:
>            self.send_headers(data, sections)
>
> If it happens that  self.send_headers(data, None) is called, it will
> force chunked-encoding. I do not see how that can happen but I cannot
> exclude since I do not see the logic behind calling send_headers in
> two places.

What's odd is that we see the different cases on identical calls to the same
URL.

I found the chunked logic a little confusing, probably because I don't really
understand what it's trying to do, or how it gets called.

At least it seems easy to reproduce.

At least in my tests (through web2py.com), I'm seeing Apache. Is that mod_proxy?