1) profile removal

unless I misunderstood you can do

   auth.settings.actions_disabled.append('profile')

2) federated authentication.

there is one way you can do it.
a) have multiple apps share the same database for auth and access eah
othe session with

    session.connect(request,response,app="parentapp")

there is a better way that we should implement
b) a new version of the CAS appliances based on Auth

b - is in the todo list