kenneth is correct. You have to edit your /etc/hosts in linux and c:
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in windows, then add those new
lines,
I usually practive doing like this
127.0.0.1 www.mysite.dev
127.0.0.1 sub.mysite.dev
like using original domain and using .dev as extension.
I also believe you can't use wildcard for hosts, thats for linux. I
dont know about windows.
Also you will be checking for ports still if you don't run it in port
80 so it will be like
mycommunity.community.com:8000/mm_beta_1... etc