Hi,

This is for 4h30 that I'm trying to install web2py on my dedicated
ubuntu server 10.04, and I'm really pissed off.

What I want :
Have my remote server installed with lighttpd & fastcgi to server a
fresh install of web2py on port 80, with web2py in /var/www/web2py.

What I did :
I bought the pdf book, and starded there, but without luck : web2py is
working through fastcgi, but no color, like of there is no css
applied. I then started to test ALL examples found on google about
lighttpd config. ALL of them are buggy and immediately refused by
lighttpd at startup. Including the one in the web2py ebook. The
lighttpd.conf from ebook is refused because line 28 uses a = sign,
while it should probably be an =~.

Current result :
Web2Py is working through lighttpd, but no css applied. Only
black&white, no background, ...

My Questions :
- Please send us a basic lighttpd.conf that will successfully server
web2py through /tmp/fcgi.sock.
- Why does the eBook contins the line :
 server.error-handler-404 = "/test.fcgi"
 while /test.fcgi does not exists.