On Sep 1, 2010, at 7:32 AM, mdipierro wrote:

> request.application is already there. Where is it used and the
> appmname is not available?

If request were always available, we could store the appropriate params link
there as request.params.

Here's an example (not, I think, the only one):

streamer.stream_file_or_304_or_206() looks like this:

def stream_file_or_304_or_206(
    static_file,
    chunk_size = DEFAULT_CHUNK_SIZE,
    request = None,
    headers = {},
    error_message = rewrite.params.error_message,
    ):

We could default error_message to None, and fill in the default
programmatically, but it looks to me like we can't count on having request here.

Similarly, in rewrite.filter_out, the first thing we look for is
params.routes_out, but can we count on any global context at all?