We're on September 8th, and no news from the packaging. Debian testing
is frozen, which means that we won't see web2py in Debian stable
before a year or two.

I'd like to know if you keep on trying to do the packaging. Also, if
you need help I can create a collaboration group for the packaging in
alioth.debian.org.
And, if you think you can not do it, please let me hijack to ITP, I'd
try to do the packaging, so in the medium term, we can have a working
package to be tested by the Debian community (and its derivatives, as
Ubuntu, Linux Mint, LinEx, etc.)

Regards.
José L.