When I analyze the network performance of my GAE hosted application,
http://peertool.appspot.com  with Chrome Dev Tools Audit, the top
listed suggestion for improvement is "Leverage browser caching", viz.

"""
The following resources are missing a cache expiration. Resources that
do not specify an expiration may not be cached by browsers:
jquery-ui.css
base.css
calendar.css
ptjq.pkg.js
peertool.js
background.gif
groups_logo_sm.gif
rpx.js
header.gif
menu.gif
question32.png
agplv3-88x31.png
"""

Most, but not all, of these are served from the static/ directory.

I checked app.yaml and found that it has the settings recommended in
an earlier thread on this group:

"""
- url: /(?P<a>.+?)/static/(?P<b>.+)
  static_files: applications/\1/static/\2
  upload: applications/(.+?)/static/(.+)
  secure: optional
  expiration: "90d"
"""

I'm using web2py version 1.84.0 (2010-08-28 09:58:51)

Is there something more I need to do?

Thanks,
Mike