I understand your concern, Massimo.  However, I think the solution is
not to ignore SO, but to try to get more knowledgeable web2py users
answering questions there.  You will still have general knowledge
folks answering web2py questions, but the voting system should leave
their answers at the bottom of the page, while the focused answers get
voted up.

The biggest problem I currently see with a web2py-centric Stack
Exchange site is I don't think it has even a tiny chance of getting
through the ridiculous "Area-51" approval process.  I remember seeing
some posts about somebody working on a web2py-based SO clone.  That
might be a better option.

The other issue I have with a separate site just for web2py, whether
it is Google Groups or web2py.stackexchange, is that some problems may
not necessarily be web2py specific.  Especially for people new to
programming and/or python and/or web frameworks it may not be clear
what their problem really relates to.

You should know that as I'm writing this I'm having quite a lively
debate in my own head.  So I apologize if this post is disjointed or
contradictory.  I guess I can't convince myself strongly one way or
another of what the best solution is.  I'd hate to lose the community
and focused knowledge of the Google Group, but I think the very
exclusiveness of the group may be stunting the growth of web2py.