On Sep 18, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Avik Basu wrote:

> Line 219 of gluon/compileapp.py is as you described it. I also deleted
> the whole gluon directory and downloaded the latest source of web2py
> before restarting the server.  Also, as far as I can tell, I am not
> doing anything tricky with Globals or the URL symbol in my models.
>
> I now get the following syntax error:
>
> SyntaxError: URL: a=index c=None f=None r=None u=URL

Thanks.

I realized after I sent that last request that the __name__ of URL might not be
significant at this point, because we're inside the URL() function.

This might be worth a try. In appadmin.py, near the beginning (after the
imports, but before response.menu is set):

logger = logging.getLogger('web2py')
logger.warning('appadmin url.name=%s' % URL.__name__)

What you *should* see is _URL. That's what I see if I stick it in my own
appadmin.