As far as I can see, when "list:string" is being used the effect is
very similar (I'm testing this on GAE). Again a list like
representation is used (this time using unicode):
[u'xxx',u'yyy',u'zzz'], not the old '|' separated strings. Does it
mean that now this is the new way of representing a list of checked
options or there is still a way to get strings split by '|' in the DB
as in the old versions of web2py? I would like to know exactly how it
is stored as I need to access this DB fields also outside of web2py.