Just a quick note here about the ones i've worked on (i'm flattered
that they made the list!)

tenthrow.com has been running for over a year now, and is running a
slightly outdated version of web2py.  it is running on Slicehost with
cherokee and postgrest.

elizabethscanvas.org is still a secret. ;)  there are some significant
updates happening in the next couple of weeks and then we will start
pushing the site.  it's running on Google App Engine.

a third application that is invisible is that the database for the
starmaker app family (http://starmakerapp.com/) is running web2py on
the google app engine TO BE CLEAR the website and iphone app have
nothing to do with web2py, they just both use web services calls to a
web2py application to store and retrieve data.

hope that helps, and i'm happy to answer questions about those apps.

christian