Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding the behavior of variables in view
code.  I'm my "upper level" layout, I'd like to define a variable
called page_heading.  If the controller passes a page_heading variable
in it's dictionary to the view, I'd like it to display the contents of
that variable.  Otherwise, I'd like the variable to display a default
value.  However, when I try something like below, I get a "Exception:
<type 'exceptions.NameError'>(name 'page_heading' is not defined)".

I would prefer not to have to explicitly define this variable in every
single controller.  Is there way to get this page_heading variable to
display if passed, but accept a default value if not?

{{=page_heading or 'My Default'}}

Thanks for any advice.
Joe