Hello group,

This seems like a particularly stupid question, but I just can't work out
how to do it...  It's not a web2py-specific issue; I just happen to be using
web2py.

I've got an app underway where I need to upload a set of large-ish (up to
1Mb) CSV files initially, then small updates (<1kb) periodically after that.

Running web2py on a non-GAE environment, I could just upload the file, have
web2py save it to disk, then process the disk copy once it finishes
uploading.  I want to parse the file in its entirety to ensure there were no
problems with it before loading it into the database.  I could happily
process the uploaded files via cron; the data isn't particularly
time-sensitive.

However, with GAE, there's no file system access, so I can't upload the file
and save it before processing it.  I'd rather not process the file without
first parsing it, if there's a reasonable way to do so.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?  Is there a simple/elegant
solution that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Dave M.