On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM, cjrh <caleb.hatti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The datum in my case is a room rate that a client must pay.
> Recalculation is somewhat complicated, and I had hoped to avoid a
> recalculation and just pass the already-calculated value to the
> "confirmation" page.  I cannot let that be part of the URL for obvious
> reasons, and I suspect having it appear in postdata will also be
> problematic.  One the first page, the user select one of many rates.
> In the following page, I ask for confirmation.   How to get the
> previously-calculated rate over to the confirmation page?

Here's how I'd do it.

# PAGE 1
* Users enters the desired options

# SERVER-SIDE
* Values are calculated and fed into a template

# PAGE 2
* Calculated values are shown, and a form with hidden fields and a
submit button labeled 'Confirm' is shown

# SERVER-SIDE
* The submitted values are entered in a database and fed into the
thank-you page template

# PAGE 3
* Thank you message with calculated data again and optional "Nah, I
was jist kiddin'" button.

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com