> I read the example with great interest, but I don't understand why "3
> Web2Py instances, one XML configuration" is better than multiple
> configuration files.  I'm not saying it's not better, I just really
> don't understand it.
>
> It would seem that either way, one still has 3 uwsgi instances and 3
> web2py instances.
>
> Could you please explain why this is useful?

Imagine a sysadmin of a web2py-only company that has to deploy hundreds
of apps. Every time its the same task. Having one config file that inherit
common options could be a huge commodity (he add only 2 lines instead of
defining a new file).

It is matter of taste, for example i prefer to have a file for every app :)

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it