I don't think it's a good idea to add that to web2py core because:

* It introduces a new free-form table definition that we'll have to
honor for backward compatibility forever
* It breaks too much forward compatibility (forcing unknown version
updates for new field "types" like wiki)
* it could not be syntactically checked (a new problem to detect
simple errors, like in views)
* it will cause more troubles to static checkers or future
autocomplete/calltip implementations
* it will make even harder lazy table definition, migrations and fixtures
* it adds more overhead to models
* it doesn't get along with source control management tools, diff,
pep-8 (80 char lines), etc.
* its may be useful for simple tables, but what about you want to put
an update function, complex default, widget or validator?
* python zen: "There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious
way to do it."

For a wizard i think it may be useful because there is more freedom to
change things, but here I don't find a good reason.
Indeed, for wizard I would prefer more explicit dropdown fields, that
would be more intuitive to begginers.

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart
http://www.sistemasagiles.com.ar