I do not think this is locking web2py. But there are two
possibilities:
- if you are using sqlite, the database is locked (sqlite cannot be
accessed concurrently)
- the user session is locked. This means the user who called the long
running process cannot access other actions until his session is
unlocked. You can do this manually in th long running action
(session._unlock()) assuming it does not save anything in the session.