Thank you very much. This does indeed seem like a useful tool. I will
research more into it.

The web2py installation was running on a 128mb Xen vps. As mentioned
earlier, we used apache to reverse proxy. We had 17 users login at the
1st try simultaneously. Just trying to access the login page of our
web app spawn off lots of apache processes and we believe that allowed
only a few users to access the website.

We subsequently reconfigured to use nginx as a reverse proxy and that
worked out much much better.