I have now experienced a number of difficulties with Clockpick.  I
wonder whether it is a good time to consider an alternative?

My suggestion:  http://keith-wood.name/timeEntry.html

Pros
Mature and seems supported.
More intuitive and perhaps easier to use.
I like use of mouse scroll wheel -- quick.
Lots of configuration possibilities.
Has a related DatePicker which will be a good alternative for some
developers.
Licence MIT.

Cons
Weighs in at around 20kb, more than double the size of clockpick. (For
me, it's a 'price' worth paying).

-D