Hi Demetrio

You don't need to use plugin_wiki to use it.  There is a warning that
is 'may' be old,  but there's no harm in trying it  :)

1. Create a new test app from the Appadmin interface. (e.g. named
TestApp).

2. Download plugin from:
http://www.web2py.com/plugins/static/web2py.plugin.mmodal.w2p

3. Install plugin.  Open TestApp in the Appadmin, and then go to the
bottom of the page where you can install plugins.

4. Using Appadmin again, open the view file 'default/index.html' and
paste into the file after the first line (which says: {{extend
'layout.html'}} ):

{{a=PluginMModal(title='Hello World',content='give this a
try!',close='close',width=70,height=70)}}
{{=a}}
{{=a.link(H1('SEE MODAL WINDOW'))}}

5. Open the TestApp in your browser and you should see the index.html
page by default.

6. Click on SEE MODAL WINDOW.

Maybe the plugin might be useful for you after all as a starting
point :)
Take a look at the page source to see what it is doing.

-D