I disagree that web2py would become messy wrt the code-base. The
solution I found was to simply put all my actual logic code in
"modules", then, I simply call up the specific object method in the
controller function linked to the particular html file (view). I
therefore don't keep any code in the "Controller" except object method
calls to the module where the actual code resides. Within the module
file, I can organize my data anyway I want.

Django is no more organized, and no less organized.

Most important thing to remember is that when you get to a size that
web2py is no longer suitable, you probably have enough funding to pay
a team of coders to write your app in pylons from scratch. Web2py can
get you to that point though.