@Massimo

Yes that is what I expected too.  This is how I tested it:

In the Welcome app, add this to the bottom of db.py

db.define_table('mytable',
    Field('myfield1','string'),
    Field('myfield2','string'),
    Field('mytime','time'),
    Field('myfield3','string'),
    )

Now go to insert a record in Appadmin.  Use the tab key to navigate
the fields.  I cannot exit the time field with the tab key.  Maybe I'm
missing something?

-D