I didn't mean to imply that the enhancements I'm planning for 1.2
(window speed) address this issue...just to be clear.

@Jonathan: Yes we need to make numthreads map to max-threads and
default it to 0 (unlimited) or a very high number.  The only time
reasonable to change this is when running web2py (rocket) on Jython.
See:

http://packages.python.org/rocket/usage.html#architecture-considerations

@Phyo: Thanks.  I'm not fully recovered, but enough to get back in the
game.