I have a couple of applications (unpublished) which are Facebook
iframe apps written using web2py.

There are a few caveats which are not web2py specific.  The biggest is
that, using the new GraphAPI the developer has been stripped nearly
entirely of efficient methods of doing anything but querying FB data.
There are few ways, and none that I have found that are decent (I am
still working on it...), to pop open invite boxes, let users post to
their stream, query which of your users friends use an application,
etc.  For much of that functionality you will need to rely on the JS
API (I hope), which I am hoping to start looking at this coming week,
or use the older REST API, which has a community only supported Python
library which is poorly maintained and required a LOT of work to just
make usable.

Over the last year, I have expanded upon Massimo's FB example,
correcting the community library, and created an Auth replacement out
of it.  I have created a hacked together Auth replacement which seems
to work well with the new GraphAPI, and I have, just over the last
week, hacked a bit on the module provided by Mr. Comitini because it
works well in concert with the existing Auth rather than replaces it
like the version I have put together.

Although the new module is very nice, and probably works well for apps
running outside of FB, I have had to make a couple of changes already
in regards to application authorization and there is at least one
additional outstanding bug relating to setting the application path
which FB is supposed to return a user to after authentication.  (I
have already dug through the new module and Auth but, without
additional work, have been unable to to source out the correct way to
set the 'next' variable which gets passed around half a dozen times
and needs to be set for FB... hehe)

I had intended to release the entire application source for my test
application to the community with a series of posts documenting how
the various parts work but keep getting pulled onto other tasks before
I can finish all the integration points (stream, invite, etc) because
JavaScript is definitely not my strongest skill.

I am more than happy to provide the Auth modifications or module, in
its current state, to anyone who can sort it out further.  I'm not a
programmer by trade, however, so I can't speak for the quality of my
code... hehe

Thanks!
Jeff