The instructions are here:
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/12#Jython

Make sure you have zxJDBC.

It works (some of us have tested it) but there are some know problems
and I would not recommend it in production. One problem is a known
problem with Java regular expression parses that Sun marked as "won't
fix". It is not a web2py specific problem but can cause some web2py
templates send enter into a loop.

Massimo