I just added a partial and experiment support for couch in the new
DAL.

I have a problem and perhaps some of you may help me.

1) am running couchdbx on mac (download and click, starts couchdb, no
questions asked)

2) I am running the following python script

from sql import DAL, Field
db=DAL('couchdb://127.0.0.1:5984')
db.define_table('person',Field('name'))
id=db.person.insert(name='Jim')
print id
row=db.person(id)
print row #0
print db(db.person.id==id).update(name="john") #1
print db.person(id) #2
print row
del db.person[id]
print db.person(id)

It works, except that #1 returns 1 (update done) but #2 returns Jim,
not John.
What am I doing wrong?

You can only for one record by id.
Once this works fine, extending to more complex queries should be
easy.

I have not tried it with web2py sqlforms but it should work fine.

Notice the code of the adapter (ChouchDBAdapter) is very small. It can
be easily be extended to other NoSQL.