Just curious but are you sure that column 3 on rows 1-15 and 32 onward are empty. When just tested to make a CSV file with Excel 2010 and if column 3 is empty Excel doesn´t put any closing characters on column 2.

Kenneth

Weird, looks like an Excel'97 bug.  It stopped putting the closing
comma after the second column after the 16th row (then starts back up
again after the 32nd).  Here's a test CSV:

key,value,description
key1,value1,
key2,value2,
key3,value3,
key4,value4,
key5,value5,
key6,value6,
key7,value7,
key8,value8,
key9,value9,
key10,value10,
key11,value11,
key12,value12,
key13,value13,
key14,value14,
key15,value15,
key16,value16
key17,value17
key18,value18
key19,value19
key20,value20
key21,value21
key22,value22
key23,value23
key24,value24
key25,value25
key26,value26
key27,value27
key28,value28
key29,value29
key30,value30
key31,value31
key32,value32,
key33,value33,
key34,value34,
key35,value35,
key36,value36,
key37,value37,
key38,value38,
key39,value39,
key40,value40,
key41,value41,1

I'll just have to make sure the last column has something in it.
Thanks.