On Dec 10, 5:12 am, Bruno Rocha <rochacbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But, I like the fact DAL is a single file, for me it is better to be a
> single file, better to maintain and keep my projects updated. I have a PyGTK
> program running with SQL.py and I will update this to the new dal.py this
> weekend, I prefer to update a single file.

I tend to agree.  The issue of whether to use a single field or not
rests solely on the degree of inter-dependence of the file contents,
not some kind of subjective idea of maximum lines of code.    There
are source files that are too long at 10 lines (containing multiple
disjointed functions) and there are source files that are correctly
single-file at 20KLOC (strong inter-dependence).   So it depends on
the nature of the file contents.