If uploadseparate=True then you have to reconstruct the full path with
a routine like this:

def get_path(filename,folder='uploads'):
  """Get full path to file stored in uploads"""
  f=filename.split('.')
  path=os.path.join(request.folder,folder,
        filename)
  return path

where filename passed to get_path is db.mytable[row].file_fieldname