On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Graham Dumpleton
<graham.dumple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it being a part of the library. Thus technically the template code may be
> construed as ending up as part of your application.

FSF specifically allows this in LGPL, if I'm not mistaken:

"The object code form of an Application may incorporate material from
a header file that is part of the Library.  You may convey such object
code under terms of your choice, provided that, if the incorporated
material is not limited to numerical parameters, data structure
layouts and accessors, or small macros, inline functions and templates
(ten or fewer lines in length), you do both of the following:

   a) Give prominent notice with each copy of the object code that the
   Library is used in it and that the Library and its use are
   covered by this License.

   b) Accompany the object code with a copy of the GNU GPL and this license
   document."

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com