I used this tool to track down memory leaks in a Python gstreamer program I
wrote

http://mg.pov.lt/objgraph/

provides object graphs of the heap. Also the web page contains good docs on
tracking down memory problems. It produces PNG files if graphviz is
available or from the command line use xdot. I have not tried this on web2py
but it might be interesting to try and add this to admin by putting
objgraph.py into modules and then building a controller with the possible
functions for forward and backward references and a view to show the png
product.

This project also references Dozer which is a WSGI wrapper that might not be
as pretty but a more direct approach - have not used this but looks simple.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Dozer

Ron