On Dec 27, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Bruno Rocha wrote:
> Many issues have emerged here in the list, I think it looks a little messy to
> manage these issues in this group.
>
> I think it's very important to post the issue here and report it as this can
> generate a good discussion between other users (and often was not even a bug,
> and sometimes can be solved here)
>
> But in parallel we need to post a Issue in Google Code Project Page. ( I
> think it will help Massimo and other contributors to manage open issues)
>
> Please, when a issue is really identified go to ->
> http://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/list and post it.
>
> I dont know if Google Code has an API for entering the issues (BitBucket
> has), we can try to include a 'report issue' in admin and in tickets page.
>
> (BitBucket has a better issue management page IMHO)
>
> By now, posting issue in GoogleCode will help a lot (I think)

Posting issues is useful to the extent that the reports are complete. Joel
Spolsky's list of good software practices
<http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html> includes
bug-database item, which reads in part:

Bug databases can be complicated or simple. A minimal useful bug database must
include the following data for every bug:

complete steps to reproduce the bug
expected behavior
observed (buggy) behavior
who it's assigned to
whether it has been fixed or not

That's a high standard, but I think it's necessary. More detail: